- Close to Atlantic, at the junction of three continents, Europe, Africa, and America, Portugal has become one of the most attractive places for technology-based development, currently hosting the R&D operations of several high-tech companies and holding one of the highest numbers of unicorns per capita.
- The water sector in Portugal has undergone a significant development in recent years, which now have a strong activity at national and international markets.
- Portugal presents one of the best structures of its kind in Europe, the water treatment plant of Lever, equipped with the most sophisticated technological means in the treatment process, able to produce about 400 000 m³ of water per day.
- The great potential of Portugal can be seen in renewable energy, where Portugal is one of the world leaders in its production and use. In January 2023, almost 85% of the electricity consumed was from renewable sources where water presents as a key factor.
- The Norte region is the most industrialized in Portugal and the one that most connects with international markets.
- By the Douro River, classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Porto rests as one of the oldest tourist destinations in Europe. The richness of its artistic heritage, the Port Wine, the vast spaces dedicated to leisure and its cultural life are just some of the reasons to visit the city and Watec Portugal.